• Unclassified

How does one convince busy high school counselors to work harder for you?

1 Answer, 0 Replies
K. Patricia Aviezer
K. Patricia Aviezer  replied:
If you have a son or daughter who is approaching 11th or 12th grade my best suggestion would be to get to know your counselor as a family.  Make an appointment to meet with the counselor for the purpose of "College Planning."  Provide the counselor with an organized portfolio including a succint overview of involvement through an Academic Resume and highlights/events to provide more personal familiarity with your son/daughter. If you have specific questions, that would be the time to address them.  Attend any evening parent/student informational sessions as well to maintain the relationship and gain knowledge of the expectations for the grade your son/daughter is in right now.