- Anna Seltz
Founder, Higher Ed U College Admissions Consulting
A comprehensive college advising practice with over 16 years experience in highly selective college admissions and college counseling work.
|6 minutes (SixFree Call)||$0 (No charge)|
College Admissions Highly Selective College Admissions Guidance Activities Advising Curriculum Advising Summer Activities Interview Preparation Essay Brainstorming Essay Review Comprehensive College Admissions Advising First Generation Advising College Lists College Guidance Test Preparation Guidance Remote Advising Online Advising
With over 16 years of experience working in highly selective college admissions and college advising, I am able to offer students and families a personalized and knowledgeable approach to the college search and application process that focuses on best fit. My background allows me to help students and families navigate the complexities of college admissions and to present themselves and their credentials in the best possible way. My services include creating college lists personalized to the student's interests and needs, application preparation, one-on-one work with essays, interview preparation, as well as highlighting student activities, interests and accomplishments. Additionally, I help students with class selection, summer plans and standardized test advising.
Beyond my private consultancy, I am a college advisor for A Better Chance in Lower Merion, (ABC-LM). ABC-LM is a non-profit, community based organization that helps high talent, high need, first generation students of color through Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, PA and prepares them for college.
In addition to working with students, I spend at least 20 percent of my time visiting colleges and participating in additional professional developement. This ongoing education allows me to remain abreast of the lastest changes and trends in higher education and on college campuses that will effect students and families.
Professional Affiliations Include: NACAC, PACAC, HECA, IECA Associate Member, Philadelphia Regional IEC Group
College Admissions Consultant
Higher Ed U
November 2012 - present
Associate Director, Undergraduate Admissions
January 2000 - October 2005
I worked as an Assistant Director of Admissions at American University from 1996 - 2000. After leaving the university due to a relocation, I worked remotely from 2006 - 2007 on the freshman application review team.
Admissions Review Team Member
Johns Hopkins University
October 2011 - May 2013
Member of team reviewing and making decisions on freshman and transfer applications for Johns Hopkins University.
Founder and Lead Tutor
The Joy of Language
September 2007 - May 2013
Founded a foreing language tutoring business. Conducted group classes and one-on-one tutoring for students learning French and Spanish.
L'Universite de Rennes
September 1993 - June 1994
English teacher to first year law and science students at l'Universite de Rennes. Responsibilities included classroom instruction as well as language lab instruction.
1989 - 1993
I graduated with a degree in modern Langues. My degree included a major in French, a minor in Spanish and additional language instruction and living experiences in German and Italian. I studied at L'Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France for my junior year and then returned to France after graduation to teach English at l'Universite de Rennes, Rennes, France.
Anna Seltz replied:
Thank you for reaching out to me. Please send me your email and phone number to the email address below and I will send you information on my work and fees and we can set up a time to discuss your needs for Hannah. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Do share a quality about yourself that you want the admissions officers to know about you that won't be found in other parts the applicatio.
- Do put yourself in the best light possible.
- Do think reflect on an experience and how you responded to it when writing your essay.
- Do be sure your essay answers the prompt.
- Do be yourself in your essay. This is your time to share who you are with the admissions office.
- Don't make your essay about listing achievements.
- Don't use inappropriate language in your essay.
- Don't feel like you have nothing to share with the admissions committee because you haven't cured diseases, lived through a trauma or started a school in another country. You have just as much to share about who you are and what makes you ho you are.
- Don't put off writing your essay until the last moment. Give this process the time it needs to be done write.
- Don't forget that you are the owner of your essay. Others may help you and give you advice, but this essay is yours and it is about you.
Powered by Brainsy, Inc. (Patented and Patents Pending)